Thousands of senior marketing, product, brand, and operating executives have gained the awareness and strategic vision necessary to connect with young consumers by attending Trend School
. Part grad class, part mini-conference, part networking event, Trend School goes beyond what's happening with young consumers by delving into why
they do what they do. In our upcoming Trend Schools in New York, on October 18th
, and Los Angeles, on November 1st
, we will reevaluate how Gen Ys’ identities and sense of purpose have shifted in the wake of the recession.
These daylong sessions are intimate and interactive, featuring product samples, taste tests, tech demos, and an exclusive curriculum drawn from three distinct sources:
- The Cassandra Report – discover new "macro" trends as well as emerging movements in tech, new media, entertainment, fashion, retail, food, and beauty
- Unfiltered Voices of Young Consumers – engage directly with Gen Ys through a live facilitated panel discussion and Q&A
- Expert Speakers & Panelists – hear from progressive innovators as they share their knowledge of, and perspectives on, today’s consumers. Featured speakers include:
- Daniel Maree, creator of the Million Hoodies Movement for Trayvon Martin, an outgrowth of a viral Facebook campaign that was the “fastest growing petition in the history of the Internet” according to ABC News, and the winner of two Silver Lions at the 2012 Cannes Advertising Festival.
- Catie Miller, Corporate Partnerships Leadat charity: water, a not-for-profit working with brands to bring clean and safe drinking water to the developing world.
- Jay Ziskrout, founder of Dympol and Charitable Checkout, companies focused onconnecting brands to the public in meaningful and engaging ways.
Also, as part of an exploration of Gen Y’s critical sense of social consciousness, we’ll highlight:
- The emergence of a New Consciousness, a contemporary take on doing good notable for its unprecedented use of digital to amplify causes, issues, and opinions.
- How progressive brands have gone beyond their traditional roles to become GOOD Guides, providing resources to help consumers live happier, more sustainable lives beyond the market or mall.
- Why the most relevant and successful brands today are appealing to Gen Y’s goal-oriented nature by using The 3Rs—results, resources, and rewards—to drive engagement.
- Gen Y’s so-called "slacktivism" and how they are using digital platforms to learn about and share social causes, and tell brands what they truly care about.
Please visit www.cassandra.co/live/trendschool/ to inquire about registration and further details, or contact Allison Arling at email@example.com.